Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ethan's First Bath

Again, lots of pics for the grandparents.This week I'm going to try to learn how to use iPhoto on our Mac. I'm really excited about it!
This is how tiny Ethan is. This is Beary, David's bear he sleeps with, and it's bigger than Ethan.
This is such a good baby. He still sleeps a lot during the day and wants to be held at night. The sweetest thing is you star him lower on your chest, but after a little while he edges his way between your chin and your neck, over your heart. It's so precious.

Not much smiling yet--only in dreams or when he's working on his diaper.
My other boys took the pacifier for a month and then, they wanted nothing to do with it. We'll see what this little guy does.
David asked me to take his picture today. Then, he said "Thanks, Mom."
Both boys gathered round our kitchen sink to watch Ethan take his first bath.
Considering his opinion of getting naked, he did really well. Then, Ryan took the rag off to expose more skin to the cold air.
No more calm Baby Ethan after that.
I've lost just shy of 25 pounds. I have 75 to go. Starting at my 2 week mark and 3 days, I will be back on the diet that my dietician in Logan wrote for me. This should alleviate my back pain and get me feeling much better. We both have our check-ups this week. I'm pretty sure I have an internal infection, so I don't feel great right now. But other than that, the incision is healing great. I'm just so relieved to have our sweet baby here. He really is a piece of Heaven. We love him so much. And it's been especially rewarding to see his brothers with him. They treat him so well. We're praying this will continue.

8 comments:

Sara B said...

He is darling! I have been thinking about you guys so much lately. So glad you didn't have to put him back in the hospital and that you have such a good ward to take care of you! You will continue to be in our prayers- may the adjustment to 3 be as smooth as possible! Love you guys!!!

Nancy said...

25 lbs!!! Way to go. It's been 3 weeks since the birth of Samuel and I've only taken off 15. I do, however, eat a lot of chocolate. I crave it like no other. I am glad it doesn't seem to affect Samuel, though I wish it did so I would have stronger motivation to quit. Your boy is beautiful. You almost have your basketball team and we just reached ours. We love you guys!

Lindsay said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! He's so handsome!

Natalie said...

He is so stinkin' CUTE!! I love the b/w one with him screaming BURRRRR!

MUTHABOMB said...

Oh my goodness Keri, could he be any more adorable? You look amazing too! Want to share this diet with us?

Aubrey said...

What a cute baby! And I love that David asked you to take a picture. Good luck with the weight loss, and congrats on the 25 pounds so far!

The Bryans said...

Real cute pictures! Glad he is here too.

Buck & Ashley Higgs said...

Your new addition is so cute! Congrats! I can't believe that makes number 3! Good luck. . .you have your hands full! =)