Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

Since it is spring break this week, we have had the chance to do lots of things together. One of those included taking out the yucky plants in our front flower bed and adding some gorgeous flowers! It was a really fun day spent in the sun.Before
During
After
We planted two varieties of marigolds, petunias, stocks, and mini bopper rose bushes.







We also took a trip on Monday to San Antonio in pursuit of a new van. Unfortunately, we were unable to find anything in the Houston area that met our price range and mileage requirements. So . . . we packed the kids in the car and took the 3 hour drive.
This is what we came back with.
I did remember our camera for the trip, but I forgot the memory card, and as a result, there are no pictures. We did do the river walk, and it was beautiful! The bad part was that everyone and their mom were on spring break and vacationing there. It was nuts! We did get to glimpse the Alamo as well. It was just really nice to spend time with Ryan and the boys. Plus, who doesn't like exploring a new city. It was a lot of fun!
We LOVE our new van, however.











9 comments:

Katie Jane said...

Spring flowers and a new van!! Lucky lady!

Heidi said...

I love the new flowers, nothing welcomes spring better!! I'm jealous you guys have warm weather, it's trying to warm up here, but not quite enough to spend lots of time outside! Soon enough.
Your new van looks great! What a fun outing, spending the day together as a family AND getting a new car. Enjoy!
Oh, and your boys are just so precious! Especially little Ethan, what a cutie pie, and so much hair, too!!

Randi said...

Those flowers look beautiful! It sounds like you guys had a great time. Fun in the sun, river walk, new car, and beautiful baby Ethan- I'm jealous of this post!

AdAmy said...

Makes me want to plant more flowers in my yard. Can't wait for warm, sunny weather! Congrats on the new van, it looks nice. Your baby Ethan is so sweet. You've got such a cute family, Keri!

The Sagers said...

I think I'll trade our spring break for yours:) It sounds like you guys had so much fun, and I'm glad cuz you deserve it!

Lindsay said...

Yay for Spring! Your flowers look great. Oh, and Kia's rock! We love our Sedona.

Emily Anne said...

the van is awesome, but THAT BABY! oh my. he is just delicious. i want to sniff him and snuggle him for days.

xo

Aubrey said...

Spring is so exciting! Planting flowers, getting a new van...sounds like lots of fun!

Tracy Giles said...

Your flowers look beautiful! I love spring! We are in search for a new van too. It's hard to decide, there are so many good ones out there. Cute pictures!! I love the black and white one. He looks so precious sleeping like that.