Spring break is over, and it's been the best one we've ever had. Nothing particularly spectacular or magical happened. In fact, all of the ideas that I thought would score me major mom points ended up going quite the other way. The zoo was fun, but ended up being another major attraction and you could not hardly walk without stepping on someone. It was insane! However, Hermann Park was beautiful!
I guess the magic happened in the little moments we spent together. On Friday, we mostly did projects around the house and yard, while the boys played outside. When it came time for dinner, the kids were running around with the neighborhood kids and Ryan was visiting with a neighbor. My chocolate chip cookies just finished baking and I took them out for the boys to share with their friends. Then, after dinner, I sat on the bed with all three of the boys, reading a Roald Dahl book and various library finds. From there, Ryan brushed teeth with them and wrestled and tickled them on the floor. When it came time for us to go to sleep, Ryan and I just layed there. We both felt such peace and joy in our boys--the kind that leaves you feeling full and satisfied and completely consumed.
Aside from Friday, throughout the week, David did little cooking projects with me. Also, Matthew kept building all sorts of rockets and space things with his legos, blocks, and building toys. Hearing him tell about each creation and seeing the sparkle in his eye is so endearing to me and magical.
Also, Ethan started smiling. He's at the point right now where he'll be eating and then he locks eyes with you and you can't turn away. From there, he captures you with his beautiful and precious smile. It is too sweet. He coos a little bit as well. This is so refreshing for me, as a mother, to know that I can love another child so completely, that I possess the potential to love him so purely, and that I can be a wonderful mother to this little spirit. Especially, where we seem to have to do a lot of time outs with the older boys, it's really a pleasant feeling to know that I have not been upset with this little baby and will not be for a long, long time. Does that make any sense? Babies are so wonderful. They know how to make you feel special and feel good about yourself. They're cuddly and just wonderful through and through.
Funniest Line From The Week
Me: We're going to San Antonio to look for a new van. Isn't that wonderful?
David (Smiling): Sanny Ho?
Ryan & I (both looking at each other and trying to hold it together)
Me: Yes, Sanny Ho.
David: I'm so excited, Mommy!
Matthew: I want some rice cripsies!
Me: Yes, some rice cripsies!
Me: Okay, David, it's time to get into bed. Good night. I love you.
David: I need a kiss and a hug.
Me: Okay. Give me a kiss and a hug.
David (smiling and puckering): A fish kiss. A snake kiss. A dinosaur kiss. A monster kiss. A race car kiss. A kiss on my cheek. Loves. Sleep well. Don't let bugs bite. Mchhh. Urrr. Good night, Mommy.
6 comments:
Such a sweet family! Love the cookin' hotdogs pic. And the flowers below look great! I want some!!! :)
I'm glad you've found happiness in the three (four) boys God gave you. He does know best, right?
Babies ARE sweet! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
I definitely agree - it's the little moments that melt your heart and leave a lasting impression. I'm glad that you had a great week with your boys!
So cute! You are such a fun mom! Always planning fun ideas! Hey, I think I'm right there with ya on the never being able to shop in the pink sections :) I loved the little sayings you posted too! How cute! I sure miss you guys! Hope all is well!
I loved your paragraph about loving another child so completely. That is one fear that I have as we await the arrival of baby #2. I love Genevieve so thoroughly that I can't imagine having more love to give or of the same amount. We are so excited though and it is wonderful to hear you (and others) give reassurance that that love comes and stays. Have a beautiful and wonderful spring!
Post a Comment