Wednesday, March 3, 2010

And . . . We're Back!

Some of these, like this one, were taken before we left. Ethan is such a cuddly baby. We LOVE it!
Still learning to use iPhoto. Does anyone know how to place text on a pic?
We have these shots of Ryan with each of our boys. I LOVE them! And yes, that is a sun burn on Ryan's face. While the rest of the country continues to have crazy cold temps, we have warmed up a bit--enough for a tomato face.

This is a funny story. We've been having a lot of issues with David lately and going to bed. Constantly we go in and put him back down. One particular night, we were watching a movie on the computer and we thought he had finally konked out. How wrong were we! This is how we found him in the hallway. It was pretty sweet actually.
Me: Thanks, Hon for . . . (some task--I don't even remember where we were--maybe in a parking lot)

Matthew: Is Dad a honey?
Ryan says this means Ethan and David will share winking in common . . .
and Matthew & Ethan will share this sleeping position.
Two days before we left to Colorado, the boys were riding their scooters outside, eating Wal-Mart Smiles fruitsnacks. David came running up to me.

David: Mom, my fruit snacks are happy!!!
Matthew's latest obsession is putting together Lego sets. He LOVES it, and he's wonderful at it!

While we were in Colorado, Matthew spilled something on his pants and had to change. All of a sudden, he entered the room wearing very short capri jeans. I wish I had taken a picture. My mom looked at him really puzzled.

Mom: Keri, do I need to get him some pants? He's grown a ton. Look how short those pants are on him.

Me: Well, he has grown a lot this year.

Then a few seconds later, it all became very clear.

Me: Mom, those are David's jeans. (They were still loose on him.)

We couldn't stop laughing.
Sweet, baby doll Alec. The boys loved that he was much bigger and closer to a playable age. And imagine that while Matthew bossed David around, David bossed Alec around.
Sweet Pop-Pop loved holding Ethan.
My beautiful Grammy.
I love this picture of my dad holding Ethan, and David loves his "Franpa."
My beautiful Mother.
We had a good trip to Colorado. It was nice to see everyone, and now we're back home into the swing of things. David will come home in four or five days.

9 comments:

Travis and Sherise said...

I'm so glad you had a good trip Keri. Hopefully we'll see you soon!

kevin and angie said...

LOVE your updates, you have gotten some amazing pictures!! Glad you had a good trip, and that you were able to be with your family, and your grandparents! You truly are an inspiration to me! What handsome boys you have!!! Love you Keri.

Gabi and Steve said...

Loved the pics! It was good seeing you, the boys, and meeting cute little Ethan. I'm glad you made it home fine. Hope everything is well down there in TX!!! Love,
Gabby

Kristen said...

Beautiful pictures! I know people always say how cute babies are, but your little Ethan is beautiful! He has such sweet, defined features. I'm glad you had a good time with your family. Maybe, I'll see you in August! :)

Aubrey said...

You'll love having those pictures of your parents and grandparents with your kids. Very sweet! Your little Ethan is so cute.

jason and michelle clarke said...

What sweet pictures! Keri, thank you so much for your kindness and caring. I watched the clip "tender mercies" and it brought me to tears. Thanks for telling me about it. I love to watch the little clips on lds.org they are always inspiring! I truly appreciate your comments and friendship. I am doing better. Thanks again!

Love Our House said...

Such cute pictures! I use iPhoto all the time and I have yet to find a way to put text just on top of a photo unless you are doing it in a card. If you figure out a way, let me know!

Seantae Jackson said...

You're a brave woman, traveling with 3 boys. Looks like it was a success, and your newest addition sure is so cute!

tiffany garfield said...

Hey! Just want to say thanks for your sweet and encouraging words. You're the best! And even better for doing bed rest with more than one pregnancy! You rock! Ethan is so Stinkin cute! I just want to Squeeze him! Glad you're doing well! love, twink