We started at Toys R Us, which for me was a big mistake. I arrived at 8:40 p.m. roughly, and the line was wrapped half way around the building. CRAZY! It was actually in the 40's or 30's, which is really cold for here. I sported a shirt, jacket, coat, and scarf. And it was raining. Anyway . . . that didn't stop us.
The store opened up at 10. They let us in 50 people at a time. From there, it was total CHAOS! Now, I heard that some individuals waited in line for over an hour, but that was not the case with me. That line zipped along and I waited a total of 10 minutes--AWESOME! However, I didn't find my back-ups, which is what I had primarily gone there for. And some of the back-ups, which I would have purchased, were not properly marked and I felt too stressed to try to figure out the price. Also, there were two women blocking/guarding the Transformers stuff. What?! I had to ask this woman to move 3 times and she never really moved. By then, everything was gone. I did secure, however, some birthday gifts for Ethan's upcoming 1st. Moreover, many drunk people showed up. One guy actually stopped in front of the store, after swerving through the parking lot, blaring his music. The three cops outside immediately were all over the situation. (My two friends and I were right in front of the store, so we witnessed everything first hand.) The guy had a beer in his hand and the cops simply told him, "There are people here and out. You need to drive home." Excuse me?? Um, that is very scary. Why didn't they arrest this individual for a drinking and driving? Oh, because they were not actual police officers.
After Toys R Us, we headed to the mall. Now, this place was insane! We waited in line at The Children's Place for 30-45 minutes; however, I got some amazing deals and found some fabulous clothes for Ethan and church socks and what not for the boys. Next, we hit up Old Navy. Now, this was the worst place of all. Yes, I bought a few things and saved 50 percent on what I bought, but . . . we waited in line for over an hour. The craziest thing here was that it was 1:30 a.m. by this time. Little babies and children were still up and in the store. Wow. That took me by surprise.
We hit up Carter's and then, last, I braved it on my own at Kohl's. The other ladies had accomplished everything, so they went home; although, one debated whether hitting up Target. I stood in line at Kohl's for about 30 minutes and marked the 150th spot roughly. I was pretty worried that my main items would be gone, but . . . everyone must have been wanting the Christmas trees and kitchen stuff, because the two main things I needed were untouched. Hallelujah!!! My shopping is DONE! Mission accomplished.
Friday late morning I made my last two stops at CVS and Walgreens. At CVS, I paid $0.41 for everything. Walgreens required me to pay $3.50 out of pocket for something, but there is a rebate, and then, I paid $1.50 out of pocket. However, I walked away with $5 in store credit, Jingle Cash. Essentially, all of the items below cost me $0.41. AMAZING!!!
1 comment:
So AWESOME!!! Good work. :)
Post a Comment