Saturday, November 27, 2010

Zoo Field Trip

I took David to the zoo last Friday, two ago, for a field trip. If you have not made it there during the day, I highly recommend you reconsider your strategy. It was so empty, except for a few schools' field trips. We saw an alligator, tiger, lions, bears, snakes, a crocodile, snakes, and sea lions. We really had such a great time. We picnicked in the zoo. The weather was lovely. Then, we ended the trip downtown with a visit to one of the playgrounds in Hermann Park. After feeding the ducks and geese (no turtles or fish this time), we sat down for an ice cream from the little vendor by the parking lot. It was such a wonderful day and so fun to spend some alone time with Davey. Ethan behaved amazingly as well--not one tear the entire day, after sitting in his stroller for so long. He LOVES being outside.

The one downfall to the whole day was the fact that my battery was dead before we even started. I got one picture before it wouldn't turn on anymore. Bummer!

No comments: