Our Thanksgiving dinner turned out AMAZINGLY delicious!!! We tried a new brine recipe from our cousins, Spencer and Mona Kay. It was AWESOME!!! The only bad thing was that I had nightmares all night before about the bag of brine breaking open in my fridge. Thankfully, that did not happen; it happen when I was taking it out of the fridge. It made quite the mess and I panicked about getting that turkey juice cleaned up. However, after much disinfectant and many moppings, I feel satisfied that I cleaned it up properly.
Anyway, the boys each helped make a pie the night before. Matthew made the cherry, which was divine. David helped me make Paula Dean's pumpkin pie, complete with cream cheese in it. And Ryan made a beautiful lemon merengue with me. We had fun.
Oh, the meal was fantastic! I froze some of the turkey, left some in the fridge for sandwiches, and then, I also made turkey noodle soup. Yum!




No comments:
Post a Comment