It was our turn to keep kids for our dating swap on the weekend before Easter. So . . . being the predictable people we are, an Easter theme seemed appropriate for the night. Unfortunately, Gabe and Kenzi had a night with their grandpa, so we didn't get to see them for the fun. However, we still had a magical evening. I hope the kids enjoyed it, as much as we did.
We colored eggs.
The night wouldn't be complete without an egg walk.
They also had fun doing an egg hunt.
We played "pin the egg in the nest."
We decorated cupcakes and made foam Easter egg crafts.
I LOVE decorating my jars and filling them with treats! The color is healing to my soul. They make me so happy!
My brother had training for multiple weeks in Oklahoma not long ago and made the 8 hr drive to see us. Even though we only got to see him for one day, we had such a FABULOUS time! We took him for a picnic downtown (in all of Houston's craziness!), hit up the Zoo (but my camera died after one pic), ate some Texas bbq, and stopped by the temple. It was a gorgeous day and even better company! We LOVE you, Steve. Thanks for your sacrifice in driving to see us!
Okay, so this is what my flowers looked like when I transplanted them from their little cups (since I grew them from seeds). I'm hoping I can get one more pic in before the camera officially dies. Anyway, you will not believe how crazy they are. Some of the flowers in that bed are over two feet tall and they occupy two thirds of the bed. It's nuts!
Ethan is no longer deemed as "Butter." Instead, we now call him "Monkey." This kid is our craziest climber yet. All you have to do is turn your head for .5 seconds and he has scaled the pantry or the table.
Yes, I'm still couponing, but . . . our camera is bi-polar, so most times, I cannot take pics. Just know that I am getting things for free--toilet paper, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, razors, salad dressings, popcorn, snacks, beauty products, pads, and much more. I LOVE it!!!
Ryan has PERFECTED his turkey-smoking skills! This was heavenly!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment