Thursday, July 5, 2012

186 Hearts of Gratitude

Freedom    I know that there is no possible way that I appreciate my freedom as much as the inmate in jail or those living in oppressed countries or war zones.  However, for the simple and limited experience that I do have, I appreciate my freedom.  I know what it's like to have a dad that has sacrificed so much to serve his country.  I know what it's like to have a mom, who supported that dad and held down the fort while he was deployed overseas.  My grandfather's cancer perhaps started because of the lack of protection offered to him and his fellow soldiers in the Bikini Islands, where they tested the atomic bomb.

I'm grateful to worship God how I wish.  I'm grateful to have freedom of speech.  I'm grateful to be able to vote and go to school and choose what I think, how I feel, what I want from life, what I want to do, and the direction of my life.

I recognize that many of these freedoms are in jeopardy.  I will do everything I can to fight for them and keep them alive.  Living in America is such a privilege.  We are free.

No comments: