Thursday, July 5, 2012

Version 184

Being Where You Are Supposed To Be    We had a bishop once who always told us, "The only thing constant in this life is change."  I thought it was quite true at the time.  Now, that phrase hits me on a daily basis.

We all resist change to some degree.  We feel nervous, scared, pressure, uncertain of the unknown.

It's much easier to embrace change and submit to change when we know that we are where we are supposed to be.  In January earlier of this year, I was getting ready one morning in our bathroom, when I received a really clear prompting that at some point this year, I would be released from nursery and called to cub scouts.  I even knew the reasoning behind the change:  learning the cub scouts program would benefit my three boys and prepare me, as their mother, to help them.

About a month ago, the primary president called me and asked me how I felt about being released from the least favorite calling in the church to the second least favorite calling in the church:  cub scouts.  She said that the presidency had prayed over the calling multiple times and kept coming back to my name.  Then, she received inspiration that this calling would bless my family, because it would teach me about the program, so that I could in-turn help my boys.

It was so easy to accept the calling, because . . . obviously.  Anyway, I'm grateful that for this situation in my life, I received that personal revelation, and that I had that knowledge.  I know that we don't always have that certainty; thus, our faith is much more tried and I guess we're that much more blessed for acting on the Spirit and feeling our way through the dark.  I'm really sad to let go of my nursery babies.  I've so enjoyed this experience, but I'm really excited to work with Matthew and the boys his age in his den.  This is going to be a magnificent opportunity.

No comments: