Thursday, July 19, 2012

Version 193

Good Food    Hello!  I have said this before and I will say it again:  I LOVELOVELOVE to eat!!  And oh man, did we eat well on our trip to Dallas!  Sprinkles, Golden Chick, Breadwinners Cafe & Bakery, The Dream Cafe, Tokyo One, Pachiugo's, Grimaldi's, and Stephan Pyles!  Probably my fav choices were my sandwich at Breadwinners of this chewy French roll with thinly-sliced strips of chicken with melted jack cheese, thick bacon, and a raspberry glaze; hot homemade croutons with a divine caesar salad at Stephan Pyles; Heaven and Hell cake at SP with angel food cake, devil's food cake, peanut butter mousse, raspberry mousse, and covered in a chocolate ganache and raspberry glaze, with fresh raspberries on top; creme brulee at Tokyo One; Texas-size, fluffy, granola-crusted french toast at the Dream Cafe; red velvet and pumpkin cupcakes from Sprinkles; freshly smoked mozarella with kalamata olives, and salami at Grimaldi's, and mint chocolate chip gelato from Pachiugo's.  I'm telling you, it was divine!  I gained 5 pounds from our trip.  Oh, I am thankful I have taste buds and that I get to experience the world through taste!!!





No comments: