Monday, July 9, 2012

187 Thanks

The Wisdom Of Friends    Ryan and I had the opportunity this past weekend to sit down with some dear friends, who have greatly impacted Ryan's life.  The husband was actually a former youth leader for Ryan and since then, we have served as trek leaders and in various positions with said friends.

Anyway, while we sat with them for the few hours we did, we discussed a myriad of things from our latest goals and desires to our biggest dilemmas.  It was so good to gain some perspective.  Our friend brought up the old addage, "If we laid our problems out on the line, you'd probably end up taking yours and I'd take mine."

Toward the latter part of our conversation, we discovered a rather grievious health challenge that has come to pass in our friends' lives.  It broke our hearts to hear the knews and we found ourselves in tears.  Then, as we've stepped back and further observed/contemplated the thoughts of hat day, we recognize this family's tremendous efforts and example to still be happy--despite circumstances, to focus on eternal principles, to keep your home centered on the temple, and the entire purpose of our life on Earth.

I'm grateful for these experiences that put our lives and problems into perspective.  I'm grateful for the wisdom of those who have gone before us and can shed light on life.  I'm grateful for dear friends, who you know are so rare and that though months or even years have gone by, no time has passed at all.  Oh, we are so blessed.

No comments: