A typical day for us starts out like this. We get up and make my bed. Then we say prayers, and afterward, I begin preparation for breakfast: oatmeal with cinnamon and raisins. Everyone is all smiles when we start, because they are so hungry from the long slumber.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
The Joys of Motherhood
Since my family has been back together, I have felt so grateful for families. My testimony has been strengthened in Heavenly Father's eternal plan of happiness. I love being a mother. Today has been a really difficult day with my boys. It is 3:30 p.m., and they are yet to take a nap. But everytime they look into my eyes with their crystal blue, sparkley eyes, and smile at me, I'm reminded just how precious they are. Each time David gives me like 10 kisses in a row, and then tries to jump down off of his bed because he doesn't want to take a nap, I fall more and more in love with them. Everytime I call them for a snack or breakfast or whatever, I realize how much they depend on me, and how much I in-turn depend on them. I'm thankful to be a mother in Zion in the last days. I struggle with patience and pray for it constantly. But I really do love my role as a mother and a wife. I'm grateful to a husband who knows his role as a husband, father, provider, and overall patriarch of our home. He works so hard for our family. And in turn, we work hard at home. Together, we are building the kingdom one day/moment at a time.
A typical day for us starts out like this. We get up and make my bed. Then we say prayers, and afterward, I begin preparation for breakfast: oatmeal with cinnamon and raisins. Everyone is all smiles when we start, because they are so hungry from the long slumber.
Still smiling . . .
And we're done. "I don't want oatmeal, Mom. I want a wolwy pop!"--actually Matthew says that. I know when David is finished because he throws his plate, starts screaming, or the ultimate, pours the bowl over his head. We are still working on food etiquette.
Please anyone advise who has good tips for getting your kids to eat their breakfast in less time than an hour. David is really quick actually, it's Matthew who has the hardest time eating.
A typical day for us starts out like this. We get up and make my bed. Then we say prayers, and afterward, I begin preparation for breakfast: oatmeal with cinnamon and raisins. Everyone is all smiles when we start, because they are so hungry from the long slumber.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your boys are so adorable!!!!!!!! I just think you are such a wonderful Mom!
After all the health issues in Logan, it's great to see two handsome, healthy boys in your life!
Post a Comment