Thursday, July 24, 2008

Some Perspective . . .

I've noticed that I am always so quick to share the difficult parts of motherhood/hard days with my boys. But how often do I focus on the positive and tell everyone about all of the good things that my boys do??

Like today, both of my boys greeted me in bed with hugs and kisses. Then they laid with me for half an hour before we got up. Matthew was so eager to help make the bed.

During bathtime, we did our usual flashcards, and David acted semi-interested . . . until . . . we came to the train card. "Too-too". "Tug-uh-tug". "Ding-dong." It was really cute!

And Matthew is getting so smart. We were looking through his pre-school book, and he was doing such a great job with recognizing different shapes, numbers, and letters.

Before we left to run our errands, David wanted me to pick him up. After holding him for a second, he smoothly moved one hand to my face. Then he looked into my eyes and put his other hand on my face. Ever so gently he started rubbing my cheeks, like I do to him. Then he kissed me and afterward, said "I luh loo." It melted my heart.

While at the grocery store, although we did have a few moments, Matthew was so eager to help pick out the various fruits and vegetables.

I just feel really blessed. I have so many moments throughout the day where I feel joy and happiness, and I thank Heavenly Father for these sweet little bundles He has sent me. Life doesn't get much better than this--except for when Ryan's home to experience all of these things with us or Mamas and Papas. I love our life and want my family to know just how special they are to me. I love you guys.

5 comments:

Jenni S said...

Oh, the good moments are so sweet aren't they?! It really is good to remember and cherish them. Thanks for sharing about your cute boys.

kevin and angie said...

Sometimes it is hard for me to remember those things too, but it is those moments that make all the hard work of being a mom worth every second!! I love hearing the cute things about your boys.

Julie K said...

Ohh, you have figured out motherhood. It took me a while, and a couple kids, before I realized that the joys of motherhood come in little moments. All day long are big stretches of "not the joy of motherhood". Not all bad, necessarily, but the housework that must be done, the planning, the preparing, the pulling one kid screaming off another...you know, the nuts and bolts of how mothers spend their day, but not the magical moments we all hope for. But then come the little moments that are sweet. And they usually don't even last a minute. But they are so rewarding and so uplifting that your heart wants to burst. I used to be so frustrated with my first kid, because it seemed like I was the only one to see all those cute little moments with him. I was forever recounting them to Pie or my mom, and then I really started to appreciate them being just for me. They are MY reward for being there in the trenches.

Sara B said...

Thanks for helping me remember the good things. I need to post more of the good things not just the things they do that drive me crazy.

Katie Jane said...

I love it! It is amazing how blessed we are isn't it. How is Texas treating you? Are you loving it? I surely hope so. We loved getting to know you in the ward and we hope you are doing well.