I said "no" to Blue Bell mint chocolate chip ice cream last night for the first time--ever. AMAZED??
Because of the heat, we've had to create fun inside, do projects, clean, books, movies, stay air conditioned.
Matthew continues to be silly. Good blackmail for a later time.


Davey still says, "Luh loo", which melts our hearts. Sometimes we don't let him do things until he says it or gives us a kiss, because it's too sweet. Is that terrible?

Lately, lots of pain has taken over my stomach area and I feel super exhausted and weak. Add in the nausea, and we spend lots of days on the couch. Sorry kiddos!

Again, I'm weepy. I wish that I had more of a handle of when the floodgates were going to open--like testimony meeting. Will this ever happen?


A lady in my ward growing up used to say that a popsicle for dinner once in a while didn't hurt anyone. How about chocolate frosted cake for breakfast??

We've been trying to get to the park early enough before the sun is blazing. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that Texas's summer sun ever takes a rest. On the trek, our temps were 102 degrees in the shade, 109 in the sun, and a heat index of 117 degrees. That's total MADNESS!!!

Our days haven't been too thrilling, but our life is good. I love my boys.

I'm due Feb. 1st, but I will have the baby a week before on the designated Tuesday for c-sections. If you ask Matthew, he will tell you that we're having a baby sister. If you ask him, "Well, what if it's a boy?" Matthew: "I don't need a brother. I already have one. It's going to be a sister."
I've felt the need to write about virtue. It seems like so many friends as of late have chosen to dress immodestly for an occasion (including weddings, swim attire, formal occasions, etc.), and I've felt concerned and worried. I'm thinking of the standards spelled out in The Strength For Youth booklet. I'm thinking of the worldwide youth theme two year's ago in Doctrine & Covenants 121:45 and this year's special call to return to virtue. It's even been added to the young women's theme. When do we decide that our children are too old for a tank top or sleeveless shirt? I feel strongly that more than ever we need to return to virtue.
4 comments:
How super cute. And chocolate cake and couch days.... for many days... never hurt anyone. (At lease I hope not, that's how we've been living). Congrats again on the baby sister... what ever gender she turns out to be!
Sacrilege! I can't believe you turned down ice cream. I'm not sure we can be friends anymore! =)
Thanks for a fun play date today and for all the good conversation.
Very cute pictures. I'm glad you're trying to take it easy this summer. And I love what you said about virtue. I've been feeling the same way. I also know lots of people who have made poor choices, primarily in swimwear. And I was just asking Dave the question about tank tops for kids. I think you just do what you feel best. That's one of the areas that you have to decide what is best for your family.
Cake for Breakfast, and you turned down ice cream.....are you sure you are ok????? j/k We have days like that over here....i'm pretty sure everyone does!!!!! Hope you start feeling better soon......I know the HEAT does not help much. Congrats again on the new baby sister.....that is SO cute. He might just be right kids have an amazing sense for that kids of stuff!!!!!!
Post a Comment