Thursday, February 4, 2010

Periodically . . .

We like to check on the marketability of our children. Specifically, we like to see exactly how much we might be able to get if we put our children up for auction on eBay.

Today's auction includes one little boy, very handsome with sparkly eyes and a charm like none other. Though he will melt your heart with his winks and smouldering kisses, he comes with a variety of other skills as well.

For example, this child comes fully equipped with the ability to climb anything at any height. Imagine the possibilities. Do you need help reaching a book up high on a book shelf? How about something at the top of your entertainment center?

Perhaps, you are looking to decorate. We have the little man for the job. Is your brand new iMac computer lacking in color? Davey will brighten it up with some pretty markers or pens. How about your flat screen television? Maybe that would gain more attention with some beautiful drawings created by the touch of a ballpoint pen. If you're still unsatisfied, David provides complimentary services with all types of furniture (though he prefers tables, dishes, or wooden entertainment centers), carpets, walls, floors, or doors.

His newest edition to this MAD set of skills is the satisfaction he finds in creating with his hands. Butter does amazing things to floors, counters, sinks, and whatever else stands in his way. However, do not fret if butter is not your first choice. David works in a variety of materials. While butter is one of his top specialties, he also works in soap and toothpaste. Of course, if you purchase David today, he'll throw in his egg-smashing skills wherever you would like: the carpet, the entertainment center, the fridge, or the floor. You just provide him with the eggs, and he'll leave you with the surprises.

He also enjoys refinishing doors and walls with his aging / antiquing devices.

Still not impressed? This child can flush an entire roll of toilet paper down in 60 seconds flat. He can flood a sink or bathroom in a matter of minutes.

And if you're lacking in excitement, David will spice up your life with numerous phone calls to Poison Control on behalf of experimenting with medicines or substances he finds. If it's in your home, locked up or accessible, he will find it.

The best thing about this little man is that regardless of the entertainment he provides, he will tell you he loves you and kiss you upon execution of the job.

So have at it, folks. What is your bid?

16 comments:

Jackie said...

LOVED this post!!! And that last picture is just the cutest thing ever. I think he & Jed would make great pals. I'll take him in a heartbeat! :)

Katie Jane said...

Totally priceless!!!

Lindsay said...

Does he come with a warranty? How about insurance?

Cute little turkey!

Kristen said...

WOW! It sounds like you've had some adventures lately! Keri, you have such a gift for writing. This totally made me smile and yet I felt for you as well. Kids are wild, unpredictable and loveable little creatures. Does he come with an instruction manual?

Kylie C. said...

That was so dang funny. I couldn't stop laughing. I'm sure if this baby is a boy, Mike and I will get to go through the same things. Hope all is well.

Jill Skouson said...

Cute post Keri! David's pretty cute too : )

Marianne said...

Ha Ha, sounds like you've been having some fun lately! Two nights ago I was cleaning upstairs and thought to myself, 'Do I hear splashing downstairs?'
Yep. A whole jug of apple juice. Everywhere. Under the cabinets, fridge, in the carpet, and two children rolling around in it covered from head to toe.
Punishments and baths were administered, then I cried, then I cleaned it up. I can't wait until James isn't working late!

Nancy said...

I'm sort of a bargain shopper. How about a trade. I've got one of those with his own unique set of skills. You might find the change refreshing. This one doesn't decorate. He is more in the field of demolition. How about it?

Wayne said...

I'll taken him. He is just too cute!

Wayne said...

That is D'Lonna by the way. Wayne in no way wants any more children. I am not sure what his problem is.

Allred Family said...

Sounds like you have been having some FUN ADVENTURES over there.....good thing He is SO STINKIN CUTE!!!

Aubrey said...

What a great post Keri! I am so sorry David puts you through so much. He sure is a cutie though!

Seantae Jackson said...

More than the money on the earth! Sorry I'm so behind... your little Ethan looks amazing. What a sweet baby... and looks like we're together in the 3 boys club!

Unknown said...

Kare Bear
As a mom of 4 boys, I girl, 25 grandchildren and 2 great-grandsons, it sounds like you have some real treasures. They are normal and THIS TO SHALL PASS. You have a great way with words, I hope you are saving all your entries. You can be a GREAT author!! Hang in there, just don't blink your eyes cause they grow up toooo fast!!
Hugs from Aunt Kathy Mc

Love Our House said...

That is one of my favorite posts of all time! I love it! Way to see it cup half full Mommy! Brit :o)

Christina said...

Oh heavens! Keri, your post is sooo clever! Love the wording! It had me rollin' on the floor! I'll take him! That little smirk he has goin' on in that one picture is just too cute for words! It's like...he's sayin' to you..."You aint seen nothin' yet Mom!" What a cutie!