Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bliss

I lied about learning how to use iPhoto. I'm not exactly sure when I will have free time again. This little man and his two older brothers keep me on my toes all day long. :D)I thought about writing a few lines about David's recent discovery of the game, "Will it float or will it sink" with the toilet. I think I've seen it on SNL or some comedy show, but I really feel the need to be more sincere.Since Ethan has come to our house three weeks ago this Wednesday, my heart has felt so full. I can't convey enough the joy I feel from this little piece of Heaven. His favorite place to be tucked is nuzzled between my neck and my chin. I LOVE his hair--even the hair on his forehead, his shoulders, and back. He makes so many grunts and various noises, especially when he's full and satisfied.







Ryan and I have had the chance to have many LATE night (Ethan definitely has his nights and days mixed up.) talks. I've fallen in love with this man over and over again, as I've seen his tender side. He's made me laugh to the point that my stomach is shaking so hard my incision hurts. He's listened, as my hormones have taken over once more. I've loved all of our little home dates. Again, he's rendered so much service on my behalf. Oh, how I love this man.
Matthew has been such a good helper. His eyes are sparklier than ever and dance with excitement each time he tells me about school or one of his crafts he's making.
Aside from David's maniac moments, he really has a gentle and loving soul. There's something so pure about those chubby hands soothing my face and those lips pressing to mine.

And I've felt watched out and loved by our Father-in-Heaven. I feel so grateful to be a mother of three. I always forget how precious this gift is, and I so want to savor it. I keep playing the sounds over and over again in my mind of the first time I heard each of my children cry. I think about the instant love I have felt for each of them. I have thought about Ryan standing by my side, as our tears combined and we couldn't tell whose were whose.

Our family has been watched out for by Heavenly Father. Twice now, we have thought Ethan was going into the hospital, and twice that has been overcome.

The miracle of life is such an amazing thing. And especially after pregnancy, I feel like I'm a nice person again.








7 comments:

Tracy Giles said...

He looks like such a sweet baby! I love all the pictures! What a cutie!

Gabi and Steve said...

Ethan has grown so much already. He is adorable!! The boys are so cute together! Hope everything is well with all of you :)

Lindsay said...

Oh Keri! He is SO adorable! Enjoy the snuggles.

Unknown said...

He's so HANDSOME!!!! What a beautiful baby, all your boys are handsome! Congrats!!! They have an amazing Mommy too!

Aubrey said...

You have such sweet boys! They are going to have so much fun together growing up.

Natalie said...

He has already changes so much in three weeks! What a cutie! I love the picture of the three of them lying on the carpet. So precious.

Travis and Sherise said...

Oh Keri, your post made me think about all the blessings I have too! You have a beautiful family and little Ethan is such a handsome little man - how big he's gotten in just 3 weeks! I can't believe it's been that long already! Hope all's well with you. I missed seeing you on Monday, but hopefully we'll find time to get together again soon.