We defied gravity yesterday! While the definition of insanity may be one who tries the same thing over and over again, expecting different results, we did it!
Our morning consisted of paint touch-up and clean up after David got ahold of paint yet again. Then, last minute we discovered the flights were super full out of Houston to get to Denver for the remainder of the week. So . . . I decided we would go by ourselves (Originally, my parents were going to fly down on Wednesday and help us travel.). Yes, INSANE. However, one of our good friends from the ward came and helped us. She took the boys to give me time to get ready, and she helped pack as well. Also, she drove us to the airport and helped situate us.
The rest of the day was pretty long, but things ran really smoothly. Aside from a "Meet the Parents"-like gate agent, and a flight attendant, who definitely didn't have children, I decided I was still going to have a great travel experience (Many flights in the past have ended in tears.). My kids were the BEST they have ever been. Ethan ate during take off and then, slept the remainder of the flight. By the end of the flight, Matthew started asking, "Are we there yet?" I really thought I would never hear those words out of my child's mouth. David's inquiries? To the flight attendant, "Can I kiss you?" Our boys sure are different.
My mom met us in SLC.
When we arrived in Denver, my mom took the boys to pick up the car. While I waited, a woman began visiting with me. I quickly learned how blessed I am to have my circumstances. I also realized that there are good people in the world. She offered to help with various things, and helped us get our bags in the car. Upon leaving, it occurred to me what a nurturer she is. I so want to develop this quality in my life. I want to be one of those women that upon encountering anyone, they feel warm, welcome, safe, secure, and loved. I can definitely pinpoint those women in my life, who possess this quality and touch the lives of others.
On the way home, my mom expressed to me how many prayers were offered on our behalf. When she found out we were traveling by ourselves, she said she began calling various family members to offer prayers. What a humbling experience, and yet, what an increase in my testimony. When we pray for specific things, Heavenly Father will answer those prayers.
In addition, I conquered my fear of the cancer center today. Although we didn't make it for the full session and the chemo was shortened as well, I found courage. What a blessing to spend time with my family right now.
7 comments:
Oh, I'm so glad it all went so well. How could it not have with all of the prayers going up in your behalf. You are SO loved! What a sweet family you have.
I'm so glad your are safe and sane after such a trip! I'm glad you had help yesterday, even though it wasn't from me. Remember me next time please - I'm always here. Love you girl!
yay
! how long are you going to be here? if you want to get out and let the kids play, give me a call. we are always up for something! 303 588 7083
Oh my goodness what a feat!! You are seriously amazing. Super trooper for sure. Sure wish you lived in Logan.
WOW! You are AMAZING! I can't imagine traveling by myself with my three little ones. I'm so glad that things went well for you. And I'd have to say that I think you definitely have that "nurturing touch." You have always made me feel special and important whether we are face to face or via blogging. Have fun with your fam!
BTW-I will be in Texas in August. How far are you from Austin?
I'm so glad you're able to be "home" with your family. I miss ALL of your family. Have a great time!!
Keri-- you totally amaze me!!!!!! I have been MIA lately on blogs and didn't even realize you had #3-- what a horrible friend I am!!! CongratS!!!!! What an adorable baby!!!
You are such a lovely Mom and an amazing daughter/wife/friend. Your writing and thoughts inspire me-- so impressive. Thanks for this beautiful story about your Pop-Pop-- you need to submit that to the Ensign- seriously.
Love you!
Post a Comment