Saturday, June 7, 2008
The Denver Children's Museum
Okay, so we have had one of the busiest weeks of our lives doing nothing but fun things! Aside from the company we have had each night this week, just about, we also have had super fun play groups each day. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera for all of them, but we had a great time playing at different parks with long-time friends Danica and her children (Jensen & Lily), April and her children (Parker & Carter), and the Skinners (Benson & Claire). We also have spent time at the swimming pool and gone out for pizza. What could top that off?? Well, we decided that Thursday, because of the rain, Matthew Mommy would go on a date to the Denver Children's Museum. I think this is way better than the Aquarium. There is so much to play on and with, and outside of the museum, is a really fun park.
I thought Matt would get more into the fire truck scene, since he is always pointing them out at home. However, I think I was more excited than he was. And he insisted on wearing the firehat backwards. It was kind of comical.
This is a really cool part of the museum. They have all of these different bins of recycable items like bottles and wood and paper, and then they have like 10-12 mini workstations. We chose a helicoptor, which proved actually kind of difficult. But Matthew was so excited because the project involved scissors, a saw, a screw driver, various screws, and an apron (grumble). Life doesn't get much better right there.
And yes, that is half of a toilet paper roll.
There are also various activity stations. Some have puzzles, some Linkin' Logs, stencils, coloring papers, games, and other things. Matt loved the puzzles!


Some of the museum was geared toward older kids, like this reading station. But Matt still loved playing with the magnets, letters, and shapes.
The infamous paint pallettes and easels. I know this is supposed to be great fun, but what a mess! Amazingly, we made it out without any paint on our clothes. But part of that may be because Matt kept washing his hands any time he got paint on his fingers.
In the little kiddy section, they had lots of soft play toys and cute things like this garden. Matt thought it was so cool, because of our garden at home. And he loved the carrots, because we actually have rabbits in Grandpa Qweesh's garden.
He got sort of frustrated with this widget / gadget wheel, but he thought it was pretty.

Ahh. Yes. The rabbit, mole, and fox dress-up. There were some really interesting costumes here, but Matthew thought it was so funny. He loved all of the underground tunnels and paths.
Our hammy rabbit!


The sports section. Who knew that decorations could be so enticing and frustrating. Matthew wanted the balls but they were glued in too tight.
We're still working on the basketball skills. For now, we jump a lot and the ball stays in our hands.

Matthew has been asking about tying his shoes a lot lately. I need a really good song or something to teach him. Any ideas?

Matthew was really missing his train table. I promise we'll get it out of storage when we have our own place.
Overall, I think we had a really great time. There was a lot of grumbling throughout, but I think that's partially because it was so crowded with the weather raining outside, and we missed our beloved nap. Anyway, 5 stars for the Denver Children's Museum. I highly recommend it. And if you go on the first Monday or Tuesday of every month from 4-8 p.m., it's free. I found this out the day after--shocker!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That looks like fun. We're actually in Colorado Springs right now visiting Burke's brother's family. We're leaving tomorrow, if we need a good fun break we may stop there on the way back. Thanks!
THAT PLACE LOOKS AWESOME!!! It looks like your little ones had a BLAST! I need to do more fun stuff like that, but taking 3"littles" out in public usually ends in disaster. *sigh*
I love children's museums! Each one has different exciting activities. We went to one in San Antonio in april with my parents and they had a fake cow that you could actually milk, water came out and everything. What will they think of next!
Oh that looks like so much fun!! Fun to go just the two of you too. I have wanted to take Andrew to the one in Salt Lake, but whenever we are down that way we just don't have time!! I will have to make the time, it looks like the experience is worth it! Hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment