We made it! Ryan & I both met in SLC, UT, on Wednesday night, and then drove up to Logan, packed up the truck, and then left the next morning. Thanks to the Sagers, the Allens, the Kings, and the Hansens for all of their help. Things would have taken much longer without you.
Ryan then drove our 26-footer all the way to Denver, CO. There, we packed up more belongings, and picked up Matthew. The next morning at 4:45 a.m. we left for Texas. We arrived here in Plano on Friday night around 6:30 p.m. I only drove one hour, so that means that Ryan drove almost 25 hours by himself. CRAZINESS! I have a wonderful husband!!! Thanks for your sacrifice, Hon!
Saturday, we signed our lease, and then, we began the move in. Special thanks to Wayne, Barbara, Brandon, Mike, Scott, Shea, and Jessica. Each of you helped us out so much! And Mike actually gashed his head, so thanks for your literal blood in helping us out. The guys began moving us in around 11:45 a.m. and finished by 3 p.m. Thanks again to everyone!!!
Now the really fun part has begun--unpacking. YIKES!!! Actually, it's working out wonderfully, because my parents are keeping David until Tuesday. Thank you! Thank you! This has saved so much time and energy. Plus, last time we moved in somewhere, I was huge pregnant with David and Matt was much younger. So . . . things are going really smoothly. We have been able to unpack and put away quite a bit, but we still have a ton more. It's definitely a work in progress, but I think by mid-week, we should be completely done.
We'll post pics when we can. -Ker
10 comments:
All I can say is YAY!!! That is a LOT of work to move, especially to a different state! But so fun that your family will finally be together. Congrats!!
So happy you are back together and the move went smoothly!
Yea! i am excited to finally have you guys in texas for good! I am glad all went well and you are able to be a complete family again. I'll give you some time and then give you a call. Just to give you a heads up, I am going in tomorrow to meet with a neurologist. I went in to get contacts finally and they found that my optic nerves were swollen. Which means either a tumor or fluid putting pressure on my brain. Hopefully the MRI will rule out the tumors and we will go from there.
YAY!!! What a move! That's a TON of time on the road! I'm glad you all made it safe and sound! :) Have fun un-packing!! :)
Hooray for your family! Moving is so time consuming and energy draining, I'm glad people are helping you out so much. How do you like your place?
We're glad to have you!
I'm so glad your family is back together again!!!! Hopefully things are smooth-sailing in Texas from this day forward.
You're there!!! How exciting! Can't wait to hear about it! Hope that moving in is going smoothly!
Oh no!!! I can't believe we didn't get together. You were finally minutes from me and we only saw each other twice. What a bummer! I still have your book. It's just sitting on my book shelf so please send me your address and I'll stick it in the mail. I'm glad you and Ryan are finally under one roof again. I bet it's so nice having him around. I'm glad you made it safely back to Texas.
Keri....Where are you? I need updates! :) I bet you are just living it up having your family ALL together! I sure miss reading your posts! They always make me smile! Hope all is well....
Post a Comment