I have had many conversations recently where the same things keep coming up, and I just thought I would share because my testimony has really grown.
Lately, I have asked myself, "Why am I doing what I am doing?" Is it for the praise of man? Is it so that if I'm good enough, Heavenly Father will take away my trial? Or is it because I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ? Do I seek to submit my will to His/Theirs? Do I just obey blindly or do I obey blindly with faith, knowing that He will work things out in the end?
As many of you know (since I always mention it), I have really struggled over the past 4-7 months. I am an OCD planner, so to act without a direction/plan has been really difficult for me. I've definitely struggled to the point of rock-bottom without Ryan. I have reflected often on where I am right now in my life both physically and spiritually. Last year at this time, my family and I were living in Logan, and actually, I was at girl's camp with my young women. I had different trials at that time. Was I naive? Or have I overcome those and moved on to take on a little more?
Three weeks ago, I was at the gym on the treadmill, sweating profusely and reading the Ensign. As I was reading, I felt so touched by the spirit. But more than that. I received clarity to things I wasn't reading about. I realized that these past 7 months have been so hard, because I, me, Keri, was trying to make a way for things to work out. I said that I had faith things would be fine and I knew Heavenly Father was in the picture, but I wasn't putting things in His hands. Since then, I have had so much peace and rest and calm in my life. I know that things are still going to be difficult and there will be trials, but the difference is that I have felt that strong, reassuring Spirit that all will be well. It doesn't matter what I want. Heavenly Father will mold my life/my family's life the way He has planned in His time.
People can have blind faith, because it's not just saying, "Okay, things will work out." It's praying and fasting for His spirit, the Holy Ghost, to communicate to our hearts that things will work out. We still don't know what lies ahead or how or when, but we do know that He will. When we submit our will to His, He will make our lives much better than we ever dreamed, and He will bless us. If Heavenly Father's hand is guiding our lives, how much more can we ask for? How can we be more prosperous than that?
I testify that these things are true. And also that Heavenly Father gives us trials to help us grow. He tests us to see if we will remain true and faithful to the things He has given us. Because He is perfect and loving, He gives us our agency. This eternal gift allows us to decide who we will serve. Do we keep trying the same things over and over again (for 7 months), serving ourselves and ultimately the path Satan wants us to take, or do we choose the higher law? Do we submit our will and say, "Okay, Father-in-Heaven, I don't have the know how. Please guide me and show me the way. I don't have a solution. I don't even know how to go about this problem, but I know that Thou does. I know Thou knows the way. Please lead me, and I will follow." I love my Father-in-Heaven and sustain Him as the one true God. I love His Son, Jesus Christ. They are the only way. I so testify, in His holy name, Jesus Christ. Amen.
9 comments:
Wow, I needed to hear that tonight. I have been feeling the same way lately...Trying to control things I have NO Control over. It is so true, trials only make you stronger, and you are a better person when they are over!!! Good Luck, Hope everything just gets easier for you :)
I know I have told you this before, but I'll probably tell you many times over: Keri, you are such a great example to me and to everyone that surrounds you. Thanks for sharing your testimony and strengthening others.
You are amazing! Thank you for sharing your testimony. What a strong testimony of faith! You are a great example, and it's true, when we submit our WHOLE selves to the will of the Father...everything seems to fall into place.
Hey, Ryan and Keri... This is Brad and Katie Mitchell. I know you don't think that you know us, but in all actuality we know you through Ryan. I was in the same program with Ryan at USU and we moved into the Meadows ward in November right before your family left. Just wanted to say hi! By the way, where are you guys at in Texas? We're moving there August 1.
Brad & Katie, we will be moving to Plano, TX, in about a week and a half. Where will you guys be moving in Texas? I just got off the phone with Ryan, and he was so excited that I ran into your blog. Memories for him. Anyway, he wants me to ask where you are moving to. Write if you get a minute. Keri
Keri your so great! Thanks for sharing your experiences and helping us all to learn and grow. Good luck with the move!!!!
Wow...INSPIRATION....you truly inspire everyone around you! I don't know how anyone couldn't stop and read these powerful words! I love to read you blog! Your an amazing woman Keri!
Thank you for always LIFTING ME up! You always say the kindest things to me!! You give me an instant dose of happiness! THank you a million times for being such a great friend! Your beautiful is SO MANY more ways than one!!
Congrats on the job!!! I am really excited for you guys, but so bummed that you guys live in Texas! I wish it was closer....I sure hope you can find a way to come to Logan while your visiting! That would be a BLAST to see you!! Keep me updated on that!!!
Those kids of yours just keep getting cuter and cuter.....I love how much fun they always have together....They show us what being brothers is all about!! Fun! Fun! Fun!
Keri, thank you so much for posting a comment on our blog. We were excited to see/read it, we're glad you stumbled upon it while on the Mitchell's blog. You have got a really strong testimony and I was touched by it very much. You are such a wonderful women! I didn't know you & your boys were away from Ryan. Thought something had happened until I read further on. Congrats on the job Ryan! That is awesome, glad you will get to be together again. Things are okay here. Jason is looking for jobs all over w/no luck yet. He has applied to about 80 jobs online.Our kids are growing especially the baby, your right about that. Stop by if you can when your here on the 25th, even if it's just a quick hi. Travel safe when the time comes.
Sorry, I failed to mention that Brad worked with Ryan in the HPER as well. Anyways, we are moving just north of Houston to Conroe. Where in Texas is your city?
Post a Comment