Friday, April 17, 2009

"Baby of Mine"

David fell asleep in my arms today while getting his breathing treatment. I cannot think of anything more precious then holding a sweet and soft-skinned little boy close to me, indulging myself in his little kisses and hugs, and cuddling with him. There's something so rewarding and gratifying in this experience. It makes all of the messes, the screaming, the destruction, the fighting, the messes, and more messes entirely worth the effort. I love being a mom, and I love my sweet boys.

8 comments:

Jackie said...

Ditto to everything you said.

Aubrey said...

That is so sweet Keri. Those moments make it all worth it, and I'm glad you got to experience that today.

kevin and angie said...

That is so sweet!! My very favorite thing is my sleeping kids!! There is just a good and accomplished feeling when you see your little ones so at peace and asleep, which really does make it worth all of the sacrifices and hard times. You are such a great mom!!

Katie Jane said...

It is sad to have sick kids but sometimes that is when you get the best snuggles. It is nice to know that they still want you to make them feel better! I am so sad he has to have breathing treatments. No fun at all.

Anonymous said...

I just wish those moments came more often! I secretly enjoy it when my kids are sick because those moments seem to come more often. But then I want to cry as I realize they are going to be grown up before I know it and I won't have had enough hugs and kisses.

Tracy Giles said...

I love it when they are cuddly and sweet! You have such a cute family!

Anonymous said...

SO true!!! I held the cutest little boy all through Sunday school at church yesterday and I just wanted to cry-- so precious!

Seantae Jackson said...

I agree. I love how much you notice the little things. Moments like that make any other moment worth it.