As Ryan and I have viewed conference over the past two days, we have began discussion on little children and how much they teach us.
Two days ago, Matthew, David, and I were returning home from some errands. I had worked the night before pretty late, and was feeling the consequences. However, I chose to be grouchy. We pulled into our complex and saw the gate open. A van crept up to the gate and stopped right in front. I idled there, wondering what this driver was doing. Perhaps, he was lost. Perhaps, he was new to our community. Either way, I pulled up to the security and pressed my card to the reader. The gate opened, and the van crept once more slowly through. Then, the driver stopped right in the middle of the road.
Frustrated, I said, "Sure. Go ahead and stop. I'm not in a hurry at all."
Matthew then profoundly said, "Mom, isn't that great that we could help that man? We opened the gate for him."
My eyes began to water, as I realized this little child, so precious in His sight, taught me about how to be more like the Savior.
Another note on Matthew. As President Monson gave his closing remarks in conference, he asked the children to pray for their parents. I asked Matthew if he could do that.
Matthew: "Yeah. Sure, Mom. I'm going to teach Jesus how to do a puzzle."
8 comments:
Oh to be so young and innocent again! Nothing is more humbling than being a mom! Rachel always puts me in my place as well, sometimes I wonder who the adult is!
I reckon the reason we have kids is so they can teach US! Your boys are so precious!!
How beautiful! I'm excited to experience these moments. The truly are our teachers! :)
That is awsome. I totally agree, that as the scriptures say, we should be more like our children. How blessed are we to have those examples every day!
Children are so wonderful. They bring so much joy to the world. I have been thinking of you and your mother lately. How is she doing? Hope you all are doing Well.
Hi Keri, what have you guys been up to?? Matthew is ssoooo smart!! We had fun with you guys here...next time you come we should go on a double date, movies and dinner? What do you think? Give Mathhew and David a kiss from us! Ohhh...by the way...did the bonnet work? You can keep it!
Excellent post! Tonight I was so irritated and Lily said, " Mom, I have a great family." I just started crying. She always puts things into perspective. We miss you guys!!!
OH MY GOSH that is the most adorable story!!! Matthew is precious! I totally do that too though...Talk to others drivers who are bothering me while I drive. I should probably work on that before too long! Don't be too hard on yourself, Keri...He had to have learned that kindness from someone and my bet is on you and your husband!
Post a Comment