Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Perfect Evening

This post is mostly just journals and pics for me to remember the perfect night we had together last night.

Ryan came home earlier than usual and brought me beautiful flowers that a student arranged from one of his classes. Apparently, PESH teaches floral arrangements at a high school level--very cool. I didn't get a pic, but they were these white flowers with long, skinny petals and lots of them (not daisies). There were green ones too. And then the bottom of the vase contained various citrus fruits of lemons, oranges, and limes. They're BEAUTIFUL!!!

I didn't have to cook dinner, because we attended the ward pot-luck dinner, and I brought a yummy mandarin orange / sugared almond salad with poppy seed dressing--delicious!!!

I also sang in the talent show. SCARY!!! I really struggle singing in front of people. When I was younger, I sang in quite a few stake / ward choir things, and on occasion sang by myself, but it's been about 5 years since I last did this, so . . . . I was feeling pretty nerved. While warming up, the brother in our ward who played the guitar for me told me to imagine all of the terrible, worst possible case scenarios. Then, he said, "See! You're not nervous any more!" Well, about the second or third line into the song, the microphone snapped off of the stand and flew across the stage. How's that for breaking the ice?! Thankfully, Ryan was sitting in center front to focus me and make me smile/laugh. The rest of the song went as planned--well, almost, . . . we skipped out on a verse due to the commotion. Anyway . . . I overcame a fear.

Then, because Baskin Robins had ice cream for $0.31 a scoop, we took the boys out. Right now, I am on no sugar, so this came as a shock to the system (sick today). The line was wrapped out the door, down to the corner, and starting to go further in the pouring rain. We decided Braum's would cost a bit more, taste a LOT better, and the drive thru would be PERFECT!!!

After devouring our small taste of HEAVEN and tucking the kiddies into bed, we watched a movie and spent time together, talking and laughing.

What a GREAT night!!!

1 comment:

jason and michelle clarke said...

Good job for getting the courage to sing. That is funny the mic fell & embarrassing too. That is so sweet of Ryan to bring you flowers too, sounds like they were pretty!! And a shout out for ice cream YUMMY!! Sorry your not eating sugar, I have to go w/out sugar too (sometimes). It's hard and you have to be strong willed because sugary foods are so GOOD!