Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Date #12

This was a really amazing date! Ryan and I had the opportunity to listen to Elder Bednar speak, as he addressed our stake. That man is so sharp and a spiritual giant. I learned things that I never knew or understood (and I didn't realize that I didn't know them). He was amazing.

Topics discussed:

Agency means "agents to act, not objects to be acted upon."

Part of coming here and making baptismal covenants (abiding and adhering to) means choosing God.

Heavenly Father presented the plan in Heaven. Two volunteers offered to carry out that plan: Lucifer and Jesus Christ.

A heavy load is not only needed, but good as well. But it must be the right kind of load (free of sin).

Make it to the temple at least once a month.

Reading and studying the scriptures will help us to keep our baptismal covenants in "always remembering Him."

We don't need all this stuff. If our daily activities and things keep us so busy that we do not have adequate family time each day in both scripture study and prayer as a family, then, we need to re-prioritize some things in our life.

The conference was AMAZING. I learned so much about secular and spiritual things. I felt the Spirit. I came away with a renewed desire to do better and keep learning.

(This is the cake I made for our post-conference mingle. Unfortunately, many could not make it, but we still had a great time.)

This is the other project we did on Saturday. Ryan actually started hanging these around 11 p.m.--not such a smart idea on my part. He was up until 3 a.m. working on it. Craziness! But I'm really pleased with how it came out. Now, we just have to wait for Michael's to get these frames in again (Since we cleaned out the two closest to us.), so that we can fill the gap on the far left. I'm also going to put up vinyl lettering over the pics. Excitement!

2 comments:

Ben, Starlene, Aiden, Brynlee, and Kynzee said...

Beautiful pictures Kari. Your baby is getting so big and he is soooo adorable. WE miss you guys so much

Jill Skouson said...

The arrangement of family pictures looks great! Post another picture when you have the vinyl up so we can see the final product :)