. . . in fried chicken drumsticks, sided with gravy on top of mashed potatoes, pats of butter, mint chocolate gelato, loaves of warm white homemade bread, and fresh cinnamon sugar bagels from Bagelicious slathered in chocolate chip cream cheese.
When I say, "I dream," I mean it. Really. Each morning when I wake up I feel guilty, because all night long I have dreamed about eating some type of food (like it's a sin). While I am cooking dinner for my family, I find myself thinking about and daydreaming about this same food.
I've currently lost 59 pounds. I'm really pleased about that, because I had a moment there where I got stuck and I would fluctuate between 50 and 57 pounds. I'm passed that, and I'm doing a great job with sticking to my diet from the doctor. Now, I just need to change my frame of mind.
I do look forward to my spinach salads and breakfast is actually my favorite meal of the day. I get to have a piece of homemade who wheat bread (delicious and very moist), two yummy fruits (right now strawberries, cherries, plums, grapes, peaches, bananas, or apples), and a scrambled egg. And I look forward to each of my little snacks throughout the day (string cheese and various fruits), and other meals. This diet and pattern of living is a wonderful one! It's so healthy, it's filling, it's within the bounds of the Word of Wisdom, and I'm in control of my body. I need to tell those bad thoughts of fried food and pure heavenly fatness to go away! I'll get to have chocolate chip cookies again someday, as well as a rich pastry from Ooh La La or a hamburger with cheese, pickles, onions, tomato, lettuce, and mayo from Five Guys.
Until then, I'm sticking to it and staying strong!!!
2 comments:
Go girl! You have amazing will power.
Congrats on the weight loss! You are amazing! I also dream of different foods - especially since I've changed my diet. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment