The pinatas were supposed to be balloon pinatas. We covered them with green and blue tissue paper, and for whatever reason I forgot to get a final picture. They actually looked like giant Easter eggs. Then, I realized that they matched our kitchen walls. It was pretty funny.
The paper mache is a great activity to do with your kids, because everyone can help. All you need is flour and water. You do 3 parts water to 1 part flour. It makes a big mess, so just throw down some newspapers. Blow up a balloon and begin covering it with strips of old newspaper dipped in the paste. Then, allow for several hours to dry. Also, you will want to add a little bit of salt to the paste to ensure it doesn't get moldy. We set our pinatas outside to dry. It sped up the process by quite a bit. Then, I highly suggest that you glue your cut up tissue paper first (before putting the candy in). I put the candy in and as a result, I couldn't put the pinatas back outside to dry. They never did dry before dinner. Wait til they dry, then cut it open and put the candy in and tape it back up. Because I didn't put the try in when I was supposed to (before the tissue paper), we played pinata baseball. The kids loved it!
The other family nights we did this week included glow in the dark tag on Thursday night and cooking night on Monday night. Because we knew friends would be over for family movie night on Friday night, we opted to do glow sticks and some tag, duck duck goose, chase, and hide and seek. The kids had a blast (Of course, no pics.). Also, we did pizzas for Monday night and like always, they were a hit!
1 comment:
Ker, you are so good about researching fun things to do with your kids and your husband. What creative ideas! Your kids will remember what a fun and creative mother you are. And the family pictures are stunning. Miss you.
Post a Comment