Fall Gardening Season It's here and I'm just tickled to get to plant green things again. Our lives have been so crazy this past month. I've been running all around getting scrips and talking to doctors and insurance people about how we are going to work this 30 days without insurance, until Robert Half picks us up. Plus, we've had last minute summer things, school supplies, meeting the teachers, house cleaning, bronchitis, and oh, it's been a whirlwind!
Anyway, I'm excited to plant our broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, pumpkins, and anything else that will grow. Of course, we can't plant for at least another two to three weeks, so that's a bit of a bummer. But . . . we are prepping our soil plots. And actually, we turned the sand box into a second garden and started composting in there. Everything we've thrown in has seeded and started growing. It's crazy! I don't know if anything will come of all of the blossoms, but I'm really excited!
In the front flower bed, we pulled all of our coleus out. They were seriously taking over and some were three feet high. We trimmed them back first, but it looked terrible, so we yanked them and added two more salvia plants and a beautiful bright pink hibiscus to counter the brilliant reds already thriving. And probably on Monday, I will need to pick up a dozen or so vincas to make the flower garden a little bit more lively, since I trimmed everything back so much. Plus, how can you go wrong with black velvet mulch?? It just makes everything look shiny and refreshed.

No comments:
Post a Comment