Saturday, September 1, 2012

235 Blessings

Being In the Right Place    I love those experiences that are confirmed by the Holy Ghost, when you know that you are doing what's right and accomplishing part of your purpose here.  One such moment happened just a few days ago.  I had the opportunity to call back and forth with Ryan about 30 times in one day to try to get our benefits squared away.  Okay, so I think we were both a little sick of each other's calling by the end of the day.  Anyway, I ended up having to call the HR people over benefits for the company, because we needed more information.

The next day, their person called me and she began asking me a series of questions to try to figure out which plan would be best based on our needs.  I explained that we were concerned about the mental health benefits, because we needed weekly behavior therapy sessions, as well as our psych appts.  She provided me with such information and then, off the record, she began asking me questions, as a mom. She explained that she was the single parent of a borderline Asperger's / severely ADHD daughter.  We spoke for 38 minutes and she asked me for advice and help about resources I had used.  Some of the time, she just needed someone to listen.  She needed her feelings validated.  She needed understanding, to know that she wasn't alone, to know that she could do this.

When we hung up, I felt so refreshed to know that this is actually something in my patriarchal blessing. It specifically talks about how I will be a light to other women who are struggling and in the dark and that part of my job is to be a spokesperson for those truths.  It was such a moment of clarity and immediate gratitude for Heavenly Father helping me and providing me with that opportunity to be an instrument in His hands.  I'm really grateful I experienced that this week.

You can see it's not gorgeous yet, but it's going to get there.  I cut my Hibiscus really FAR back.  And once I get in my fresh vincas, I'll yank those others.  They are definitely life forms of survival.  The coleus were taking up so much space that they were covering everything up (even our fern and our hibiscus).  As a result, you can see how the vincas stretched really far to reach sunlight.  And they succeeded.  They brought bouts of joy to everyone who could see their vibrant colors.

No comments: