Sunday, February 19, 2012

50

Wise Bishops In our church we have a Priesthood leader who has stewardship over a specific congregation, also known as a ward. Wards are divided based on geographic locations. Every area I've lived, I've observed that the bishop over that specific ward had specific keys and acted on inspired revelation for that specific ward. I've only observed the switching of bishops a few times in my life, but each time, without fail, I've seen the mantel come and rest on that new bishop.

Tonight, I'm grateful for wise bishops, who sacrifice so much, as do their families, to help meet the needs of the members. Specifically, I'm grateful to those bishops for offering such amazing and inspired counsel, that have acted on the Spirit and communicated what needed to be said. I'm grateful Heavenly Father has not left us here alone. We always have help and people we can turn to.

No comments: