Gathering Our Children Around Us Each Monday night, our family has what we call, "family home evening." It's a time for us to spend time together as a family, learn more about Jesus and Heavenly Father, and participate in activities as a family to bring us closer together. Last week, Matthew taught our lesson on a scripture story and each of the boys took turns holding the little figures we had previously glued to popsicle sticks. It was fun to observe from a distance, though I sat right there, and have an outer body experience of sorts. I watched the boys' anticipation, their participation, their comradery, their response to our attention, their love, our family unity, and it was wonderful.
Last night, we took the boys bowling, because we completed First Nephi (a challenge given to Matthew and David by the primary presidency). We had a great time. I am thankful for Monday evenings spent together. It's one of, if not the best, day of the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment