Saturday, February 25, 2012

56 Leaps

Alone Time I LOVE alone time. It helps me to reflect, ponder, re-evaluate my life and the direction thereof, and prepares me for things to come. Much reflection this week.

I'm amazed by how much of our life is cyclical. We experience things, learn to overcome them, face new experiences with our new knowledge, and then, we relearn those lessons on a deeper level. Right now, I'm relearning to love myself again. On some levels it's easier to be forgiving and accept myself, and yet, in many ways, my expectations are much higher than previously, because I thought I would be long over this lesson at this point in my life. Growing . . . intake of air . . . sigh. Relearning the steps of a testimony too. Relearning the steps of fortification through basic Gospel principles (i.e. faith, prayer, reading the scriptures). They're so simple, and yet, so powerful at the same time.

Reflection is an amazing thing.



(And look at this cute little guy. He has turned into quite the turkey--now that he is TWO. I think people in public think I'm neglectful, because when he's tantruming I put him down and walk away. Their idea is to come to him and talk about reasons for why he is screaming and kicking. They want me to hold him and show concern for his stopping. Well, third times a charm, I guess. He's not going to die if I let him do his tantrum on the ground and then, pick him up later. I don't really hear the screaming anymore. I don't really get too embarrassed about the spectacle anymore.)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Alone time is so needed as a mom with young kiddos. I love reading your blog daily and learning more about your daily adventures, tender moments, and your life in general. You are an amazing woman! You continue to inspire me to be a little bit better each day. Thank you!