Thursday, March 8, 2012

68 Leaps

The Holy Ghost This one is probably going to get used on here a lot over the next year, but I really am so grateful for the Holy Ghost. This enables us to have a member of the Godhead with us at all times, if we choose to make good choices, keep our bodies and minds clean, and stand on holy ground.

I was approached today with an even better offer on some of these contracts. Essentially, I have the opportunity to make A LOT of money and receive some international recognition for my writing. With this opportunity, I would get to travel and attend some really amazing conferences in exotic locations with first-class, red-carpet treatment, but . . . every time I sit down to write for these particular contracts or I pray about them, I get the clear answer, "No. This is not the best use of your time right now. This is not your season." And so, I am standing by my decision to give up writing. I don't think that a better offer is going to come around in that regard or that I am going to all of a sudden solve all of our medical/financial problems or anything like that. However, I do know that I am going to have peace of mind, because I am following the promptings of the Holy Ghost. I am going to know that I am spending my time in the best possible way and being a fabulous mother to these little boys. Often times, answers to our prayers seem a little bit illogical. That's because we can't always see the bigger picture. We don't know what lies ahead, but if we follow Heavenly Father, He will not lead us astray.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Hey Keri. I love reading your blog! Your days of 'gratitude' are so inspiring! Thanks for helping me remembering to be grateful, every day!
Love ya,
Natalie