My Husband Sweeping Me Off My Feet We spent our first day of spring break spring cleaning and my family wasn't feeling very happy about it. Several times, we needed a few pep talks (maybe more than several). Anyway, I finally turned to Ryan and very frustrated said, "Are you happy?"
Well, a little bit later he came to me, as I was cleaning out our closet, and said, "Ker, this is for you." He handed me an envelope with calligraphy writing addressed to me, from him, and with a hand-drawn stamp. "Oh, you wrote me a letter?" I assumed this letter was to address my question as to why he didn't feel happy that day.
Instead, he said, "No, open it now. Read it." "Okay . . ."
And this is what I read. I was invited on a date with Ryan, to be ready by 4:45, because our reservation at Bistro 829 was for 5:00 p.m., I needed to dress formal, and our movie started at 7:20.
I felt shocked, side-swiped, completely dumb-founded.
"Did you get a sitter??"
"Yes, Sheyenne is arriving at 4:45 p.m. It's all arranged."
"But how . . . when?"
"Ker, this has been in the works for a week."
Then, the tears began to well up inside. Sometimes, we just need to feel special and important and young and in love and like we are the only person that matters in the world. Sometimes, we need magic and the element of surprise.
Shy showed up at 4:45 and we set off. We arrived at our fine dining restaurant and as soon as we walked in, I knew Ryan did good. The ambient lighting, the soft piano music playing in the background, the private seating, the amazing menu with such novelties like blueberry vinaigrette, special scallions in a mustard sauce and au gratin potatoes, duck, lamb, and oh, I could go on. The food was mouth watering and delicious. As we finished dessert of creme brulee and raspberry sorbet, we savored every bite. It was divine!
Then, Ryan handed me my ticket for the movie. He had actually gone much earlier in the day and picked up tickets ahead. Again, his preparation touched me.
We finished the evening with The Vow, and both walked away feeling like Channing Tatum played a convincing role and actually delivered. Then, it was off to Kohl's for a few random items of shopping.
Oh, what a night of perfection! Still feel on cloud 9!

No comments:
Post a Comment