Friday, March 30, 2012

88

Lifelong Friends We have known the Schulmires since we got married almost 10 years ago. They've seen us through some really tough times and some really wonderful times--always there to lend a hand, strength, and friendship.

I will never forget a particular morning after I had Matthew. My c-section and insides were severely INFECTED. I could hardly stand for more than a few seconds. At that time, we either did not have a cell phone or I could not reach Ryan for some reason. I found myself in no condition to drive, and actually crawled to my neighbor's house to ask for a ride to the hospital. She consented, but seemed a little uneasy and perhaps, even a little frustrated at my asking her for help. I literally had just made it into my apartment, when there was a knock at the door. There stood Rachel. She had tried to reach me by phone, but couldn't get ahold of me. Josh had their car for the day, and she said that she just had this feeling she needed to check on me. So . . . she packed up Jesse in their stroller and walked the several miles to our home. Tears streamed down my face, as I realized Heavenly Father was answering my prayers through her. She immediately took me to my doctor by the hospital and took over.

Since then, we've attended children's baby blessings, a baptism, hospital trips for Cole, cried over lost ones, laughed, celebrated jobs and victories, offered advice, listened, and they still answer prayers. . . . sigh. I will be forever grateful to have family in the form of dear friends like the Schulmires. They are hard to come by and words can't adequately express the love I feel for them.

Thanks for spending this past Sunday with us. It was so fun to catch up and be with you.

1 comment:

Rachel Seren said...

Thanks for having us!! I just felt rejuvenated after leaving your house Sunday! I am so grateful to have your family in our lives!