Sunday, March 18, 2012

76.0

The Rodeo I love the culture and diversity that each city offers. It's exciting and enlightening and it helps us see other ways of life. The rodeo was such a fun event for our family. It was a bit crazy that day. We worked hard to make sure our home was ready for our guests from out of town, and then, Matthew and Ryan headed to the rodeo, while I drove to the airport with Ethan and David to pick up Grandpa McLeish. Then, we headed over on the 59 towards Reliant Stadium to meet up with Ryan and Matthew for the rodeo and The Band Perry concert. The rodeo was awesome and it was really fun to attend the concert--seeing how I've never been to a venue that large. AMAZING is all I have to say. We had a great time!! I was especially touched by the opening ceremony. The lights went dark and then, the spotlight rested and followed the rider around the stadium, carrying the flag and riding bareback with no saddle or reins. The boys' childrens' choir sang beautifully and fireworks lit off the marque afterwards. It was a sight to behold. I felt proud to live in America and it brought tears to my eyes. Afterwards, a cowboy offered a prayer on behalf of all the men and women participating, as well as the leaders of our nation and the soldiers defending our freedom at this time. I'm grateful we could experience the rodeo, as well as give our children that opportunity.



No comments: