Grocery Stores, Vehicles, and Other Modern Conveniences This is an amazing modern convenience that many individuals in other countries still do not have access too. I recently attended a women's conference where Elaine Dalton, Barbara Thompson, and Cheryl Esplin came. Sister Dalton related a story about some of the girls she visited in Africa. These girls arose at 4:30 a.m. or so and walked three miles to the river to bathe, collect water in their jars, and then, carried the water on their heads back to their mothers. After she made them breakfast with the water, they walked 2 miles to seminary and then, to school. To speak with Elaine, they had walked for two hours.
Yesterday, we drove to Froberg's Farm that was an hour away. When we returned, I turned on my computer to do my work. Then, I drove my kids and myself to the grocery store, where we had pretty much everything you can imagine at our fingertips. The selection was endless, and if we didn't see what we wanted, all we had to do was ask a cashier. Because one store did not carry what we wanted at the right prices, we hit up the grocery store next door. We also had the chance to go to the nursery and get all of the dirt and plants needed for our flower beds. Later, Ryan hit up the pharmacy for the medicines we needed. I worked until late in my garden and actually came in covered in dirt and sweat. Because I was so thirsty, I walked over to my faucet and poured myself a glass of water. I love plumbing and clean water.
We have oh so many blessings in this country. I'm ever grateful for all of these modern conveniences. When we stop and look around us, there are blessings around every corner in front of our eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment