Sunday, June 10, 2012

160 Hearts of Gratitude

Holding Hands    I'm grateful I have hands and that each of my family members do as well.  There is something wonderful about holding someone's hand.

Ethan has a tendency throughout the day to take my hand in his and lead me to wherever he needs to go--whether it be to choose an outfit for the day, grab a diaper, start a bath, etc.  I LOVELOVELOVE it!!!

This morning, this came to my mind:

"Come Take Me By The Hand"

Come take me by the hand,
And I will show you the way.
I will lead you to the light,
I will help guide you on your way.

I'll try to make you laugh each day.
Your smile melts my heart.
I'll teach you about the atonement,
About the repentance form of art.

This life will prove a test for you.
At times you will feel scared.
But if you remember my love for you,
Courage will replace your fear.

I know that I'll fall short sometimes.
I hope you'll understand.
For mommies make mistakes; it's true.
We do the best we can.

Mothers love their little lambs.
They nurture them with care.
They raise them up to be good men,
To uphold the name they bear.

Each day you grow a little bigger.
My time is well far spent.
And soon our days together
Will be a memory of the past.

I hope you'll forgive me
If I shed a few tears--you see,
I've missed you before you left,
Knowing you were only lent to me.

If it's not too much to ask,
Come take me by the hand--please, I pray--
Allow me to guide you
And help you on your way.

I know those little fingers
Will no longer so perfectly rest
Inside the palm of my mother hands,
They'll grow--it's all part of the test.

And so . . .

I hope you'll be okay if
I come, take you by the hand,
Rest mine peacefully inside yours and
Allow you to guide me on my way.

-Keri Allred 2012

I'm grateful Heavenly Father has given me the talent of writing.

No comments: