Saturday, June 30, 2012

181 Blessings In My Life

Teaching Moments    While we were away in Washington, I had the awesome privilege of watching my dad capitalize on a teaching moment.  Matthew, my dad, and I had been walking along the river trail near their home.  Matthew came across a milkweed and wanted to blow the seeds into the wind.

At that moment, my father stopped him and compared lying to the little seeds blown in the wind.  He told him about how lying is just like spreading all of these seeds into the wind.  They are planted and then, bloom and basically, your lies are exponentially increased.  To make those lies right and be honest again, it is almost nearly impossible to collect all of the seeds.  Of course, he explained much better than this and on a level that Matthew understood.  At any rate, it's the same lesson he taught me as a little child, only mine was with feathers, and I will never forget it.  I sure hope Matthew will never forget either.

I'm so grateful for my parents, who continue to teach me, even as an adult.  And I'm grateful for those teaching moments.  What a blessing!
 My parents' sweet new theater!  Oh, we had fun!!!


No comments: