Friday, June 22, 2012
167
Teaching Moments I had the privilege of hiking on the river trail by my parents' home earlier this week with Matthew and my dad. While we were walking, we came across some tumble weed. Naturally, Matthew picked it up and began blowing the little seeds all over, until my dad stopped him. He said, "Now, Matthew look at that weed. Think about telling the truth and being honest. Lets say you tell a lie to someone and then, that person tells your lie to someone else (because they think it's the truth) and it spreads further and further. Then, you decide to fix the lie by telling the truth. It's like blowing all of these seeds in the wind and then, going and collecting them. Do you see how hard that would be to collect all the seeds?" This story has two meanings of significance for me. First, my dad took an opportunity to teach a Gospel principle that I hope my son will remember for the rest of his life. It was a tremendous example to me. Second, my dad did this very same analogy with me when I was just a little girl. I have never forgotten that. I love my dad. I'm so grateful for teaching moments such as this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment