Friday, March 7, 2008
GREAT News!!!
The doctor released David today, and Matthew was released last night. So . . . both of our boys are home! Thanks so much for your prayers and continued prayers. The doctors originally thought David would be in the hospital for 4 or 5 days. Until yesterday, he was just doing okay, but not great. Then, he really went down hill, and the nurses increased his oxygen to 3 1/2 litres. So . . . the doctor was saying that we were looking at 3-5 more days on top of how long we'd already been there. However, last night we struck a little bit of hope. He started breathing a little bit better, so they lowered the oxygen. Today, the doctor looked at David and decided that he should try to breath completely on his own. They took off the oxygen and their plan completely failed. Immediately, his oxygen saturation level started dropping super low. So . . . they put him back on oxygen. Only to try one more time a few hours later. And his oxygen never dropped after that. They watched him for another couple of hours, and then released him. We definitely feel so blessed. A great team of nurses, doctors, and staff worked with us, staying positive, happy, kind, and loving to us our entire stay. They didn't have to send David home on any medicines or oxygen. We really feel like Heavenly Father answered all of the many prayers on our behalf. Miracles still happen in these latter days. We are witnesses of that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
I am so happy for you! What a relief! It's so amazing how prayer works! Was Ryan able to be there or was he teaching? We were so worried. I am just so happy for you guys!
So glad to hear them are out of the hospital and doing better!
Oh my gosh!! I just read your blog! How scary! I am soooo glad that your boys are ok! They will be in our prayers!
That is so wonderful! Happy to hear it!
hey Keri Sorry about yesterday, I haven't checked my blog in a few days, life has kinda been crazy for the past week. Josh went to work last week and got a horrible feeling about the new job. He then spent all day the next day applying all over, and was interviewing like crazy again. We were waiting to hear from one that we felt great about, and were literally driving to the airport yesterday afternoon when they called and told him he had the job. So he won't be in Denver and starts his new job monday! Crazy! and sorry about dinner I know he really wanted to come.
Hey! So sorry to hear about all that! We are glad that everyone is on the mends...
Thursday is not good, because we have a wedding and a reception that day... Friday may work..What time were you thinking? Brooklyn has school until 11:30, so we could come before or after...If before than I will just bring Boston!
Talk to you soon! A
Ok, so I saw amber's comment, friday is good for me also. I would like to see brooklyn, so I am game for 11:30 or after. let me know when and where for sure and what I can bring!! I hope to see you all.
I'm glad everyone is better!
Hey, sorry I haven't checked this in awhile. Tomorrow isn't all that great, and from the looks of it, Lacey and Amber aren't planning on it either. Friday, well, depends on what time and where.
Keri,
Of course I remember you! I'm so glad you found my blog! Your family looks awsome. I'm glad things are on the upside now, and as always, you've proved to be optomistic through the whole thing. We're doing great, and I'll keep in contact now!!!
I'm sorry I missed the get-together yesterday. We were having a little bit of a rough morning and I didn't check me email until later on. I hope you all had fun!
I am so glad they are ok!!! I hope you are too! love you! twink
Post a Comment