Monday, March 31, 2008

Getting Caught Up

These are just a few random pictures from the last week and a half.

Despite the snow every other day, there have been some super sunny days, and we've taken advantage! The great thing about Colorado is all of the parks and walking trails the city / state provides (Who provides them Dad?). Although, we are still having some behavior issues, Matthew is actually playing really well with other kids when we go to the park. Here, he is playing with a day-found friend, James. David is typically along for the ride. He loves the fresh air, and he loves the laughter of all of the other children. And a new found love is . . . SAND. David ends up with sand down his diaper, up his nose, in his mouth, hair, and ears. These are completely out of order, but at least they're posted, right? Matthew loved his Easter treats. His favorite thing were the "tit-si-rolls". And no, I did NOT teach him that!!!
David's little personality is in full bloom! He is still pretty happy even though he is getting his molars in and has a really bad ear infection.
Sometimes I really regret that the Easter bunny started putting candy in baskets. Maybe the Easter bunny can bring one treat next year and more toys.
The last day of Ryan's Spring Break trip, we skied Winter Park. Matthew took an all-day lesson and supposedly did really well on his skis. He did, however, have an issue of following instructions. The instructors said that he would just go down the mountain and not wait for any of the other kids. Imagine??! Ryan took a 1/2 day lesson, and by the end of the day was doing fantastic! He even skied a really steep blue. Way to go, HON!!! I knew you would excel with it! We had a great time!! Thanks Mom and Dad for the WONDERFUL day and memories!!!
This is my sweet cousin, Nicki. She is currently in school here in Denver, studying art, and she paints beautifully!!! And she makes the BEST mini cookies ever!
We had dinner at Aunt Diane's on Saturday, and had a great time. The boys were able to play with some toys, the dirt, and their neighbor's swing set. Everybody really enjoyed themselves. Thanks for the YUMMY food, Diane! Just for the record, your burritos were way better than Costa Vida! I loved them!!
These are my sweet grandparents, Grammy and Pop-pop. They have helped us out so much and been so kind to us. At least once a week, Grammy comes by to play with the boys or take them to her house. When the hot-water heater was broken, they let us come over to their house for hot showers and heat. They also are always bringing over delicious food. Grammy is an outstanding cook--no wonder my mom cooks so well. Although, I didn't get a picture, Pop-pop just had his 76th birthday on Easter Sunday, March 23rd. Happy Birthday, Pop-pop! We love you so much!!
David always loves to be surrounded by the relatives, because it means more attention for him, full of kisses and hugs.
This was supposed to be next to the picture at the top, but I had a few mishaps. Anyway, sweet David loved playing at the park.
Matthew and David accomplished a lot of work while at Diane's. Had we stayed longer, they might have finished their construction projects of moving the dirt onto the lawn and into the rocks. Sorry, Diane and Ed.
They're really into tools right now. David found this rake at the neighbor's and thought he had hit the jackpot.
Of course, Matthew did steal the rake away from time-to-time.
David wasn't really sure what to do with the car, but he liked honking the horn and sitting in the driver's seat.
I miss our family get-togethers. We sit and talk and reminisce about old times. It's so fun!

6 comments:

Allred Family said...

Matthew is so cute with his Easter basket. Why does the Easter bunny bring so many treats????
Playing at the park looks like SO much fun. I cannot wait to get my kids outside again. It's been a LONG winter!!!!!!

kevin and angie said...

It looks like you guys have been busy, but having a great time!! Ya know, Kevin had an interview today with a company in Denver, that's where you are, right? Anyway, way cute pictures. Your boys are too cute and full of life! I am glad you have had some time to enjoy the good weather... could Spring really be on it way?!!

Gabi and Steve said...

Hey Keri...oh my gosh I tried the pork burrito that Diane made...I've been craving more ever since...it was sooo good! How are you? You take such good pics, the boys are so cute!

Rachel Seren said...

The easter bunny always brings toys with two treats at our house. I would much rather spend I little extra and have less sugary sweets around the house. I am glad the boys are doing so well, I had no idea that they let kids as young as mathew ski, what fun!

Sara B said...

What fun you have been having! This year the Easter bunny got a bit smarter- little candy and new books- my kids favorite. My sister-in-law put a basket of strawberries in her son's basket and he was thrilled! I think we will try something like that next year.

DLonna said...

I love that Ryan got to go visit. How funto take the boys skiing. We miss you guys.