Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Wonderful Surprise!!

So in case you haven't watched the news lately, I will fill you in. Southwest decided to surpass safety checks to save money. The result: 1) They got caught and fined. 2) The FAA made them ground 100 some flights to do the safety inspections. 3) Flights were therefore canceled. 4) People bought tickets on other airlines. 5) EVERYTHING was overbooked or TRIPLE charged!!!

It was Ryan's spring break, and we were so looking forward to this time together. However, it was nearly impossible to find a flight and the few available were costing upwards of $1200. On top of that, Ryan has had an inner ear infection and the doctor prescribed a very sleepy medication. There was no way that he could drive the gruling 14 hours as a result.

So . . . on Saturday, Matthew and I layed down for a nap before the ward party. All of a sudden I looked up and Ryan's standing over me. I was in shock and hysterics! I wasn't sure if I was actually dreaming or this was really happening! I was SUPER excited to see my hubby! It turns out, when he found out about the flights, he immediately stopped taking the medicine. Then he drove from 5 a.m. until 5 p.m. (Cutting the trip by hours is pretty fast--it's a good thing I wasn't in the car!) after having only 3 hours of sleep the night before. CRAZINESS!!! In a way, I'm really glad that I didn't know because I would have been so worried about him and anxious at the same time! I'm so glad he came!

We have been having such a great time! We had a family dinner on Sunday with my grandparents and our friends, Jared and Natalie and their two children. Then on Monday, we went to lunch at a favorite restaurant, John Holly's, a favorite Denver tradition. We also went shopping and took the boys to a fun toy store. Tuesday we went to the Aquarium and being lame, I completely forgot my camera. The boys LOVED that! I did remember to take my camera for our evening activities. Below are some fun pics!
Ryan sang a couple of songs--surprisingly--for karaokee.
We also played this trivia game. I don't know what it was called, but it was really fun!
Here is the BEST picture of all night. This is who I fell in love with!!!!
Steven and Gabi played too.
Lucimar is a true karaokee star!! She seriously has an amazing voice. And she is a RIOT!!
Once again, another reason why I fell in love with Ryan (Can you actually take a serious picture??). We had dinner at Tres Margaritas with Gabi's parents, Fred and Lucimar, and their friend Thales. We had such a great time! If you want to laugh until you hurt, this is the family to be with! We can't think of more fun people to spend time with! Our only regret was that we couldn't go on a Monday night when the mariachi band was playing, and none of our other family members could come. Maybe next time.
Matthew loves his dad and is so glad that he is here. He actually cried the morning after Ryan arrived, because he thought Ryan had already left when he didn't see him in bed with me (He was already up and getting ready for the day.).
We didn't tell Matthew about Ryan's arrival until after the ward party. He had been sleeping when Ryan arrived, so it worked out perfect. Before we left the party, we told Matthew that we had a BIG surprise waiting for him at home. Matthew kept asking what it was. Then when we arrived home, we had Matthew go pick something out of the pantry to snack on. He opened the doors and out popped Ryan. Matthew was so EXCITED!! And David was too. David kept smiling and squealing. It was really sweet!
It's amazing what little hands can do in a matter of seconds!


6 comments:

Sara B said...

What a fun surprise for all of you! Glad you got to spend time together.

tiffany garfield said...

Those are the best surprises! Major points for Ryan! I'm jealous that you went to John Hollys! I LOVE THAT PLACE!!!!! Steven looks great! I havn't seen him forever! It also looks like you had a fun play date with Lacey. I so am craving one of those cookies. they look REALLY good. Well, we need to get together some time when I'm in colorado--hopefully this summer!

Rachel Seren said...

How fun! I am glad you were able to see him! Sounds like you had a great time.

Christina said...

Awww!! It looks like you guys are having a blast! I think I missed something though...how come you are in CO? Vacation? That was a sweet surprise!

Christina said...

Hey! I can't find your email address! Will you email me? cjluvsrj@msn.com Thanks girlie!

Tracy Giles said...

That's awesome that Ryan got to come and see you. It looks like you guys have been having a great time. How long will he be here? Do you guys have time to stop by and see our new house?