Friday, July 9, 2010

Dates #3, #4, #5, and #6

So . . . we obviously need to do catch-up on all of our recent dates.

Date #3 (No pics--sorry.) Speed Monopoly, Speed Scrabble, and Speed Yahtzee. We had such a fabulous time just playing card games together. You can find these at any Wal-Mart or Target. They're great, because you can play them with a big group or you can play them with just the two of you. Plus, if you're married to a husband like mine (who sometimes changes the rules when we play), this makes games like Monopoly go faster. Okay, so he doesn't really cheat, but that is the running joke.

Date #4 Our traditional John Holly's date. This is like 4 years in the running, and we cannot get enough of this restaurant when we go to Denver. They serve Japanese and Chinese cuisine in a formal setting or nice casual lunch setting. The food is to die for! Ryan feels like he has died and gone to heaven with all of the endless sushi possibilities there. And I am obsessed with their egg-drop soup and John Holly's chicken. YUMNESS! Again, we're lame and we didn't take any pics, but the camera was in my bag. After our delicious lunch, we made our way over to the theatre for a little teenage-friendly fun with the Twilight Saga: Eclipse. I know that everyone says this one is the best one yet and they love Robert Pattinson, blah, blah, blah, but seriously, I'm just not into the movies. Loved the first book, hated the second, somewhat enjoyed the third, and really HATED the fourth, but the movies are a completely different story for me. So . . . there you have it.

Date #5 Attended a wedding, kidless. This was really fun for me, because I haven't seen this particular friend in 9 years. She recently graduated from PA school in Miami and we went to high school together. We were part of a trio of friends. Anyway, she got married and I had a good time observing, as well as visiting (though it was a bit minimal, since we picked up the kiddies after the ceremony / before the reception, because she requested that we bring them). It was fun to attend something like that with Ryan. Please note on the pic of Avni: for whatever reason, I could not get my camera to handle the lighting in the church. Thus, the pic isn't very great, but you will see that she made a stunning and gorgeous bride!




Date #6 Ryan surprised me and whisked me away for an evening of fun. I thought that particular night was going to be spent at the children's museum; however, he made other arrangements. He surprised me with a really AWESOME cd, full of many of my favorite artists, ranging from Taylor Swift and Miranda Lambert to Black Eyed Peas, We the Kings, Jason Mraz, and Colbie Callait. It really was a very thoughtful gesture, because some of it, he would never listen to.

Then, he took my bowling, which I beat him btw. This is extraordinary, because I rarely break 100 (which you will see on our first game). However, after doing so poorly that first game, he showed me a trick and I did amazingly well after that. It really made my night!

We did some make-up shopping and fragrance smelling afterwards.

Then, we enjoyed yummy Coldstone ice cream in the cool summer Colorado air. To top the night, he took me to the Denver Temple, where we got married.

This was such a fun date: 1) because it was unexpected 2) everything was planned out and brought an element of surprise 3) because it was so thoughtful. I felt like I was on Cloud 9 after that!



No comments: