This trip, we focused on getting the boys to the park as often as possible. They rode bikes with Grandpa McLeish one day and went to get ice cream afterward. I took Matthew for a long bike ride while I walked. And then, most days found us here at the Splash Park. This was so much fun! The park has a creek, play ground, multiple pavilions, two splashing fountains, gardens, benches galore, a walking path, and a field. Plus, it's right next to the library, so we had the chance to get books and then, play in the water. (The two pics of the boys, where they look like they are freezing, they really are. It was in the '50's, '60's, and all the way up to the high '80's while we were there. We LOVED the weather. It was a welcome change, compared to Houston's muggy summer heat!).
The boys loved riding in Grandma's car and Grandpa's truck. We also spent some time with Steven and his family, but again I didn't get any pics. He moved last week to Alaska. So . . . Ryan helped pack up his stuff, along with my dad, brother, and Gabi's dad. Then, Steven, my brother Ryan, and my dad all drove him up there and now, they're in the process of moving into their home up there. He will work air traffic control in Fair Banks.
Grammy and I visited Kristin one day at work as well, and that was fun to see my sister.
The other big activity we did was hot-tubbing. Ryan and I had a great time just relaxing in the chilled Denver air. It was heavenly!
No comments:
Post a Comment