Saturday, July 17, 2010

We Survived!

Tonight marked the first night of our date swap group swapping. We watched two other families' children, so 9 total children in the house. Yes, it was a bit chaotic, perhaps a little bit of mayhem, a tight spot, a pickle, whatever . . . but really, the kids were sooo good. We just sat everyone down and told them about the schedule. Then, we tried to keep them busy with activities and they did GREAT!

We started with little English muffin pizzas and soda. Everyone got to choose their toppings and that was a hit!

Then, we made spiders out of "ho-ho's," which the kids thought were really fun.

And these are the kiddies we watched . . .
Kenzi

Davey

Ethan

Gabe

Jack

Stephen

Matthew

Liberty

Christsia

We played Hulla-Balloo (I'm sure that's spelled wrong.), which the kids LOVED.

We watched Milo and Otis with popcorn and Skittles.

We played with SLIME. Ick . . . but the kids thought it was great. Thanks, Ry, for mixing up all of the stuff.


Last, we ended with the start of Annie.

Overall, I think the evening went really well, and I know my family really enjoyed it, so I can't wait until we get to do it again!

3 comments:

Tracy Giles said...

How fun! You are a brave woman!!

Ellis said...

sounds like you are having such a wonderful summer. this post makes me long for more young families in our area/ward. And I agree with Tracy, you are brave!

Jenni S said...

Ha! So cute. Looks like they had a blast.