Thursday, January 19, 2012

Grazie! 19

Time Alone With Each Child I'm grateful for the time I get alone with my boys everyday. They're each so different and they're personalities come out in different ways. Each morning, Ethan and I play trucks or cars for a little while. We walk the aisles of Walmart and sometimes, he leans forward and hugs me and kisses me while we're walking. Sometimes, he just wants me to lay beside him in his bed, snuggled up with all of his "me's (blankets)."
Many times Davey and I do child's game each day in his room, after I've put Ethan down for a nap. Usually, this consists of building something out of Legos or Kinects. David beams with the individual attention. Then, we cuddle up on his bed and read a story or two and talk about the pictures when we're done. After that, he has me kiss those cheeks multiple times and give him lots of hugs. Sometimes, he wants me to hold him for a long while. When he wakes up from his nap, he asks me to hold him like a baby. I LOVE it.

Matthew's and my time is a bit shorter than everyone else's, because he's up with David and home when the other kids are up. However, we read together each day, steal a few minutes together in the morning, and he comes to me as soon as he arrives home.

LOVELOVELOVE my time with these little guys. I hope it will be enough to fill my heart always. They bring such joy to my life.

No comments: