Saturday, January 28, 2012

Version 28

Tender Mercies Too many "random" events have happened in my life at the right moment and right time, when I needed them most, for me to believe or think they could be coincidence. I know with every fiber of my being that Heavenly Father is aware of us. Sometimes, we have to struggle and sometimes, for long periods of time. It doesn't mean He loves us any less. It simply means we need to grow.
During these periods of trial, He often sends us help and strengthens us via other people and little tender mercies to show us He cares. Earlier in the week, it had been a particularly rough day. I left the house, late at night, to run to the grocery store, and needed the comfort of a friend. I pondered who I might call, but ultimately, felt like I needed to learn to work through my own thoughts and feelings alone.

The entire 4 miles, 8 stop lights, and 20 minutes' drive there, I prayed in my heart for comfort. I prayed that Heavenly Father might be aware of my struggles and strengthen me. At random, I selected to hit up a different HEB and Randall's than I typically go to. In fact, I have only been to these stores only 2 or 3 times in the almost 3 years we have lived here. After going to HEB, I drove the 200 yards across the parking lot to Randall's and proceeded in. As I walked in with my puffy red eyes, who would come walking out, but one of my really good friends, who is a neighbor and also in our ward. "Keri Allred . . . what are you doing here and at this hour?? It's so late." I explained to her it had been a rough day and I just needed out of the house and happened to need to run these two errands. She immediately teared up and explained that she too had had an extremely rough day with her kiddies and for whatever reason, she ended up at this Randall's (Again, she never shops here either, because there is one just 1 mile from our houses.).

Coincidence?? I think not--no, I know not. We were both sent in that direction that night at that hour to answer each other's prayers. And I was left knowing that Heavenly Father cares for me and loves me--even when I struggle often. He answers my prayers and they're significant to Him. I'm so grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord.

No comments: