Wednesday, April 11, 2012

100 Reasons

Teus's Tender Heart Since Matthew was just a little child, he has always had a soft spot for the down trodden and sad, the lonely, the less fortunate, and persons with disabilities or special needs. I remember that often, as a 9 to 24-month old, he was drawn to someone at the grocery store with down syndrome or someone in a wheel chair. He sought them out. And then, he acted with such kindness, love, and tenderness. I absolutely love that quality about him.

He continues to have that soft heart. Several months ago, I had a girls' night out, while the boys took up a football movie with Dad, at home in our bed. When I came home, they were all curled up to Radio. Matthew was loving it until Radio's mom passed away. He suddenly began sobbing and came over to me, telling me that he didn't want me to go anywhere. His tears were completely innocent, sincere, and heartfelt.

Today, he read I'll Love You Forever, one of the many stories I have read to our boys over and over again. I guess reading it brought new meaning to the words, because when he finished reading it, he came over sobbing again. This time, he told me, "Mom, it made me so sad when he sang the song to his mom that last time." Then, he had me hold him for about 5 minutes.

Oh, I love that boy. I'm ever thankful for his tender heart.

No comments: