Feeding My Family This probably sounds like I'm a 90-year-old woman or something, but it really gives me great joy to be able to feed my family. In many parts of the world, and not long ago for many of our ancestors, food is/was scarce. We have food at our fingertips on every shelf of the grocery store. It's clean and free of disease, bugs, or infection.
Yesterday, I was able to serve my family a delicious Easter feast with homemade rolls, a deliciously-glazed honey ham, fresh green beans, homemade mashed potatoes (not from a box), blackberry/raspberry/blueberry cobbler from scratch, with a touch of vanilla ice cream. There were "oohs" and "ahhs," smiles, and giggles of delight at the sight of the spread.
I'm grateful Heavenly Father has blessed me with the talent of cooking. This is something I have had to really work hard on and something I never thought I would attain. I'm grateful to a mother and grandmother who taught me so much about preparing nutritious food for my family, as they always did for me growing up. My mother-in-law has done an amazing job with teaching me how to create from scratch. She's given me courage and inspired me to try new things.
Oh, I am one blessed mama to have these amazing women in my life, and to be able to feed my family! (Thanks to a wonderful husband who provides so that we can afford food on our table. And thanks also to fabulous friends that teach me how to afford that food for less!)
No comments:
Post a Comment